Monday, May 7, 2012

Together We Have It All

This week we talked about theories regarding the family. As we went through each theory I tried to look at my own family and how the theory was manifest in our home. I drew connections most with the Systems Theory. The System Theory looks at the family as a whole, made up by the individual units within. It made me think of the popular quote, "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all." This quote is so true in my family. Individually we all have some issues going on, but when we come together, we are all each other's best friends. But most importantly, we are working toward the same goal: that our family can be together forever. We talked about sub-systems within the whole, roles that each person plays, and the unstated rules. In my family, mom and dad are the executive sub-system, my oldest brother has made a subsystem with his beautiful wife and two children, my other brother just got married and they have formed a sub-system, and the rest of us hope to start one someday too:) But when we all get together, it doesn't matter where it is, it feels like home. We all play our roles, and while sometimes we annoy each other with the roles we play, at the end of the day, we are each other's best friends. My number one "unspoken" rule I wrote down said "As siblings, we defend each other, a little overprotective, but we stick together no matter what." Any breach to that rule and it can get a little messy.. My family is my true and trusted friends; that's the rule, that's the role we play, and that's what makes it all worth it:)



Last Sunday.. no matter what, each Sunday together ends up in a Bonded Dog Pile:)

No comments:

Post a Comment