Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Not Your Average Norm

This week was really neat. I really felt the spirit in the classroom this week from classmates who are not yet parents, classmates who are parents, and Brother Williams. As I watched the PowerPoint about how the average American couple loses marital satisfaction with each child, it broke me heart. I have been blessed throughout my life with good examples and every couple I have seen has fallen more in love with each other when they have children. I was so grateful Brother Williams added his perspective and how his marital satisfaction increased with each child. Children are a gift from the Lord. A treasured promise he makes with us that we will love and care for with all our hearts. I am the typical LDS girl with the dream of getting married in the temple and having a big family; there is nothing I want more in this life. I know that is my duty and one I look forward to according to God's timing. I am grateful that through our beliefs and faith in the gospel, our lives are different from the average norm. I feel blessed to be different and to be able to raise a family some day. I know that no matter how difficult it may seem to raise a family, and I know it will be very hard, but our faith and dedication to the Lord will see us through the hard times and find joy in the things which will bring us closer together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment